Urswick Tarn is under the management of Urswick Parish Council.
We work closely with the Environment Agency, Cumbria Wildlife Trust, and the Parish Residents to ensure we find the right balance to:
- Protect and maintain the Tarn
- Protect and encourage wildlife
- Provide a valuable amenity for people to use
Costs for Fishing Licences are as follows:
|Annual Junior (Under 13)||£5.00|
|Junior Day (Under 13)||£2.00|
|Adult Season Permit||£35.00|
|Junior Season Permit||£10.00|
Boat Licences (reviewed Jan 2021)
Boat Licences are available and unlimited, however the number of boats on the Tarn will be limited to 5 at any one time.
Please note that Boat Licences are for personal/individual use, are non transferable and cannot be used commercially.
All health and safety guidelines for deep water should be adhered to and use of the Tarn is at the Licencees’ own risk.
Costs for Boat Licences are as follows:
|Annual Parish Resident||£10.00|
|Annual Non Resident||£35.00|
To apply for fishing or boat licences, please use the form below or contact any of the following:
Paddy Milby – 07944 670763
Jill Bolt – 01229 580811
The General Burgoyne – 01229 586394
Bye Laws are in force – view details The following Bye Laws specifically apply to all users of the Tarn:
- Fishing is allowed with relevant local and national permits
- Access for boating is controlled by licence and is at the users risk
- No more than 5 boats or crafts under sail are permitted on the Tarn at any one time
- It is recommended that all boats users wear life jackets
- Powered Boats and models of any kind are not permitted (exceptions may be agreed in advance through Urswick Parish Council in writing)
- Windsurfing is not permitted
- Diving is not permitted